Porter Stansberry's latest teaser is touting a “secret energy grid” that's destined to power almost everything in America…all without releasing any pollutants into the atmosphere.
Now for the first time ever, the technology behind this grid has become scalable and one Nuclear Energy Company is set to disproportionately benefit.
This “secret new grid” has apparently already existed for decades, but most people know little to nothing about it, which is all about to change.
Porter Stansberry is a wily veteran of the financial publishing industry, having started, sold, and started another independent publishing company. I am quite familiar with Mr. Stansberry and have revealed a few of his previous picks, including his “Gods of Gas” Stock Pick and “Big Lie” about the American economy.
It quickly becomes obvious that the “secret energy grid” Porter is talking about here is Nuclear Energy after he says the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) made a major “final ruling” this past February 21st.
What he's referring to is the greenlighting of the first commercial small modular nuclear reactor (SMR), which is the first time such a design has been certified for commercialization.
This basically means commercial applications for the construction and operation of SMRs, which are compact nuclear reactors are now underway as of February 21st.
A Turning Point
Already companies like Westinghouse have unveiled plans to build SMRs that generate virtually emissions-free electricity, with others like Dow and Dominion Energy also hopping on the SMR bandwagon.
From a personal standpoint, nuclear energy is the only realistic way to achieve the ‘carbon neutrality' that so many countries are dead set on achieving by 2050. Renewable energy can't scale when the sun doesn't shine and the wind doesn't blow, and alternative fuels like synthetic are of inferior quality.
That leaves us with nuclear energy and it may now be scalable for the first time.
If we follow the money, we see that the usual suspects of billionaires and institutional investors have all been piling into nuclear as well and Porter has one nuclear energy company pick for us in the booming SMR niche.
This American company has come to be the sole supplier of nuclear reactors to the US military and its name and ticker symbol are revealed in a special report called “A Matter of National Security.”
It is ours with a subscription to Porter Stansberry's newest research advisory service The Big Secret on Wall Street. The service costs $1,000 for the first year and is loaded with extras like three additional special reports, exclusive access to a model portfolio, free digital access to members-only events, bi-weekly reports, and more.
Revealing Porter Stansberry's Nuclear Energy Company
We're provided with a few solid clues about this one, here is what we know:
- Sole manufacturer of nuclear reactors
- In the process of building SMRs for the US military
- One of only two providers licensed to process uranium
- Supplies the Navy with nuclear inputs
The company Porter teases here is BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT). Here is how the clues line up:
- BWX is a precision manufacturer of fuel and components for the commercial nuclear power industry.
- The US Department of Defense selected BWX Technologies to construct the nation's first advanced nuclear microreactor (SMR) last summer.
- BWX owns the only two Category 1 nuclear facilities licensed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to store and process highly enriched uranium.
- The company was also awarded a contract to manufacture nuclear reactor components for the US Navy.
Unleashing $1 Trillion in New Wealth?
As I mentioned earlier, nuclear is the most realistic clean energy option and small modular reactors (SMRs) could be the thing that puts it over the top.
SMRs offer several advantages over traditional nuclear power plants like the kind Mr. Burns owned in The Simpsons.
- Due to their compact size, a lower initial capital investment is required
- Greater scalability, as can be located in smaller sites
- According to the Office of Nuclear Energy, SMRs can be coupled with other energy sources, including renewables and fossil energy
- Admittedly much cleaner than oil
These things make SMRs a no-brainer for energy infrastructure investment.
The current pace of new SMR development is picking up steam, from just a few units per year to a moderate pace of just under 30 units per year. I wouldn't be surprised if this figure increases further in the next year or two. I'm skeptical about the $1 trillion figure Porter mentions, as I feel it's clickbait more than anything else. But nuclear energy will definitely grow going forward.
As far as BWX goes, it is a moderately-priced pure-play in the nuclear energy space that is selling for 25x current earnings, with a small 1.3% annual dividend yield. The price is fair and its future growth prospects are good, which makes it more attractive than a lot of picks we see made here.
Quick Recap & Conclusion
- Porter Stansberry is teasing a “secret energy grid” that could meet 100% of our future energy needs and one Nuclear Energy Company is set to profit BIG!
- The “secret energy grid” Porter is talking about is Nuclear Energy, which a new technology called Small Modular Reactors (SMRs) is bringing to the forefront as a viable primary source of energy.
- One company is the sole supplier of nuclear reactors to the US military and its name and ticker symbol are revealed in a special report called “A Matter of National Security.” A subscription to Porter Stansberry's newest research advisory service The Big Secret on Wall Street, which costs $1,000 for the first year will net us this special report.
- We revealed the name of this company for free as BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT).
- SMRs are practical and make a lot more sense than other alternative energy sources being promoted. The same can be said for BWX, which is a profitable business with good growth prospects.
Is SMR-powered nuclear energy the future? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.