Is the Laissez Faire Letter as good as they say? Is it legit and worth your time and money?
If you're looking for more information on this newsletter advisory service then you're in the right place. In this short review I'll be going over what this letter provides and how it's laid-out, the people behind it, cost & refunds and more.
- Name: Laissez Faire Letter
- Type: Newsletter service
- Publisher: Laissez Faire Books
- Cost: $299/yr
What is the Laissez Faire Letter?
In a nutshell, the Laissez Faire Letter is a subscription newsletter service that provides advice for people looking to live a more free, healthier, and less government-invaded life. It could be said to be a financial newsletter, but it's much more than just that... focusing and providing advice on a wide range of topics to provide subscribers with the power of knowledge to live a better and a more prosperous life.
Who's Behind It?
The company behind the whole thing is Laissez Faire Books (Laissez-faire means "let them be" in French, just in case you were wondering), which was started in 1972 and changed hands a number of times (now owned by Agora Financial), but still remains true to its ideals and core values. The company strongly believes in limited government and free market, and leans towards the libertarian side of the political spectrum.
Who are the editors?
The editors of this newsletter include many. There is no one editor that provides all the information, the way it works being that they all chime in from time to time depending on the focus of the newsletter edition and who's the most qualified to provide expertise in the different areas being covered.
That said, Doug Hill is the main guy behind it and you will hear from him the most if you do subscribe.
Other editors of the letter that you may see from time to time include big names like Zach Scheidt, Ryan Cole, Byron King and others. You can refer to this list of editors on their website to see more - all are pretty-well qualified to provide the advice they do and have some solid backgrounds.
How It Works
The Laissez Faire Letter provides information on all sorts of topics on a monthly, and even weekly, basis. It's a very broad-focused newsletter, far from being a stock-picking advisory service like Stock Advisor or IPO Speclator, if that's what you're looking for. This newsletter will alert subscribers to new investment opportunities and such, but takes more of a holistic approach, providing advice in all sorts of areas so that you'll be able to live a healthier, wealthier, and more free life.
The different topics that information is provided on via this newsletter service include things like (not limited to these):
- Getting the same benefits/freebies that elected officials get
- Protecting yourself and your wealth from criminals
- Reclaiming your privacy online
- Lesser-known methods for saving big on taxes
- Free alternatives to public education
- Strategies for managing retirement safely
- Getting the most of health insurance by customizing it to fit your needs
- Building a "moneymaking retirement business"
- Where you can go for safe, yet ultra-cheap medical procedures
- How to save big on retirement account fees
- Protecting your wealth from disasters
- and much more..
What You Get
Here's a breakdown of what you'll get if you do decide to subscribe to this newsletter service:
- Monthly Issues of the Laissez Faire Letter - Of course this is the meat & potatoes of what subscribers are provided with. These monthly issues tackle different topics like those mentioned above and provide in-depth information so that readers will know what to do and how to take action, if they decide they want to follow any of the advice of course. These issues, as you know, can be filled with information from different expert advisors working for Laissez Faire Books.
*Note: These are provided in both e-letters and in print (mailed to you) with their premium subscription.
- Weekly Updates - Every week a different contributor will provide insight into the market, economy, current events, and any threats that could affect your way of life. These updates also cover a very wide range of topics.
- Members-Only Website Access - Subscribers will be able to login to the members portal to access an archive of all past & present reports (such as Big Book of Free and the Bitcoin Bible), newsletter issues, alerts, etc. Everything is included here.
- Free Subscription to Laissez Faire Today and The 5 Minute Forecast - These are both e-letters that subscribers will get access to for free.
- Laissez Faire Today provides controversial breaking news on health, wealth, and workarounds to living the best quality life.
- The 5 Minute Forecast is a quick briefing that provides what you need to know in politics, finance, tech, etc. into a short, compact e-letter.
Cost & Refunds
The cost for 1 year of this service with a premium subscription is $299. This isn't all that cheap, but considering some of the money-saving advice provide throughout the year, it could easily be worth it... assuming you take action on some of the advice provided.
When it comes to refunds, luckily they are available. Subscribers will be able to cancel their membership at anytime within the first 3 months for a full-refund.
If you are looking to cancel and get a refund you can contact them at 877-453-1177 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pros v Cons
- Provides actionable ideas on a wide-range of topics to increase personal freedom and prosperity
- Well laid-out and easy to follow
- Refunds are available within the first 3 months
- Many contributors bringing new ideas to the table
- Moderately expensive, although I think it could easily save subscribers more money than it costs
- Isn't a stock-picking service, which I know many people are looking for nowadays
Who Its For
It's pretty obvious this service is best suited for people with a desire to be as free and as self-reliant as possible. It's more of a libertarian-idealistic newsletter, but many conservatives will find themselves right at home with the type of information provided as well.
Quick Recap & Conclusion
- The Laissez Faire Letter is a newsletter service provided by the Laissez Faire Book company (now owned by Agora Financial) that gives actionable advice for living a healthier, more free, and prosperous life.
- There are many contributors to this newsletter service, some of the top ones being Doug Hill, Zach Scheidt, Ryan Cole, and Byron King.
- Topics vary greatly and can include anything and everything from sneaky ways to lower taxes to getting cheap but good quality medical procedures in other countries
- It's well suited for anyone looking to live a more free, less government-involved life, leaning more to the libertarian and/or conservative crowds
- The cost is $299/yr
And there you have it. Only you can decide whether or not this subscription service is right for you, but hopefully this review has helped you out so that your decision is easier.
As always, let us know what you think in the comment section below. Here at Green Bull Research we like to hear back from our readers!